Greater Little Rock's Women Ministry is a ministry for all adult females of this church. Its primary focus is within the heart of the corporate body which is to call sinners to repentance, reclaim the backslider and to edify the Saints of God, with the famale in mind. This ministry seeks to be ministry in deed, making a conscious effort to address the spiritual, physical and social needs of women in and out of the church.
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide Christian fellowship, love, encouragement and support to each other while serving God and our community. Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:3 - 4; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Matthew 28:18-20 and the book of Judges.
Sisters of Gideon Plans and Goals
- To view our weakness as a platform for God's strength and divine blessings
- To serve God by following His Word and His leading and trusting Him to do His part
- To teach each other how to live our lives through the Word of God
- To love, encourage and support each other as much as possible
- To mentor our younger sisters and allow our older sisters to mentor us
- To pray for our sisters daily
- To serve our community by doing at least 2 outreach events as a group yearly
- To have monthly fellowships to share ministry reports, and to provide ministry opportunites and encouragement
Ministry Opportunities and Support Groups
Sisters of Gideon Monthly Meeting/Fellowship: The Saturday prior to the 4th Sunday in each month 10:00 a.m. to noon in the Phase II Women Ministry Room. Enter on "A" Street.
- Youth Ministry Support
- Girlfriend-2-Girlfriend (age 6-18)
- God Plus Students-Provding guidance along the path of higher education
- Tutoring - All ages
- GLR Career Network
- Hands of Service - Nursing Home and hospital visits; home visitation to sick and shut-in; telephone/card ministry of encouragement
- Prayer Ministry
- Clothing Ministry
- Assistance with Food Ministry
- Divorce Support Group
- Hospitality Ministry
- Evangelism/Mission Support
- Mother's Day Out
- Women's evening out
- Women's retreat, conferences, workshops
- Colors of Cancer
- Relay for Life
Small Group Bible Studies
Sunday Church School classes for women: Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Gideon Your Weakness. God's Strength, Priscilla Shirer (on-going small group class dates TBA)